- Brush and floss prior to each session.
- Fill the tray with a thin line of bleach, it may leak onto the gum tissue causing them to blanch or turn white. This is short term and gums will return to normal within a day. Be sure to wipe the excess bleach off of gum tissue immediately. If gums do turn white, drink a glass of water will help rehydrate them.
- Wear the trays 30-60 minutes per day. The initial treatment period is up to 10-14 days. If you are still unsatisfied with the results, continue bleaching daily as needed. Additional syringes are available in our office for purchase for $40 per box of 4 syringes.
- After bleaching, rinse the trays out completely with warm water and brush the remaining bleach off your teeth.
- If sensitivity occurs, cut back on bleach time and or skip a day between sessions. Sensodyne toothpaste is available at Target or other stores.
- After the initial course of bleaching, touch-ups can be made as frequently as needed. Depending on the wine, coffee, and other dark liquid consumption, the need for touch-ups varies from person to person.
- Call our office with any additional questions at 952-938-8533.