Infection Control Measures
Keeping our Patients and Providers Safe at all times
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Johnson or Dr. Phillips and receive a straightforward answer.
Drs. Johnson and Phillips, and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat, and pressure.
After the re-opening of our office post-COVID-19 closure, when you come to your next appointment, you’ll find that we’ve made some changes to ensure your care is both safe and comfortable.
Changes in our Clinical Areas
- Rooms are labeled for you to minimize traffic
- Dentists, Hygienists, Assistants wearing N95 masks and Face shields
- Pre-rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide
- Air purifiers in each room
- High volume suction devices in each room
- To go bags pre-packed for you with toothbrush and floss.
Changes at our Front Desk
- Wellness checklist (via Email)
- COVID Informed consent (via Email)
- Curbside check-in
- Hand sanitizer before you enter the office
- Please wear your own MASK
- Social distancing markers X
- Text to pay
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your dental care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call our office at Tonka Smiles Phone Number952-938-8533 or fill our online scheduling form.