Nitrous Oxide Minnetonka
What is Laughing Gas?
Nitrous Oxide is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, safe colorless gas which you can breathe.
The patient is able to breathe on their own and remain in control of all bodily functions.
The patient may experience mild amnesia and may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during their appointment.
There are many advantages to using Nitrous Oxide
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
Reasons to not use Nitrous Oxide
You should not utilize Nitrous Oxide if you have been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Though there are no other major contraindications to using nitrous oxide, you may not want to use it if you have emphysema, exotic chest problems, M.S., cold or other difficulties with breathing.
You may want to ask your dentist for a “5-minute trial” to see how you feel with this type of sedation method before proceeding.
Get the smile you've always wanted!
For more information about Nitrous Oxide/Laughing Gas or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Johnson or Dr. Phillips,
Call our office in Minnetonka, MN at 9529388533 or